Our customer has a tank supported on a load cell and requires to dispense measured amounts of product from the tank.
Texmate installed a Tiger 320 Series DI-50E meter calibrated to indicate the product weight in the appropriate engineering units. The meter is installed with two remote push-button switches configured as TARE and TARE CLEAR. All non-application codes are blanked out. Relay 1 is connected to the tank outlet valve. The amount of product required is programmed into the meter at setpoint 1. Setpoint 1 is programmed with initial startup inhibit and relay latch OFF. (See Setpoints & Relays Supplement (NZ201) for full details.)
When the TARE button is pressed:
- The display tares to 0.0
- Relay latch off is removed and the relay energizes.
- The valve opens until the setpoint value is reached and then closes as relay latch off operates again.
- Pressing the TARE CLEAR button returns the meter to the operational display, indicating the weight of product remaining in the tank.
Note: The product weight reduces during dispensing, therefore the setpoint value is negative for the product taken.
- The meter can be programmed to read in kilograms or pounds, liters or gallons.
- A Texmate 320 Series DI-60AT alphanumeric meter can be used to customize the display text to suit the application.
- A program sequence macro can be installed and run on any Tiger 320 Series "T" type meter for batching applications.
- Up to six relays are available for batch control operations.
- A front panel button can be programmed to display the weight of the tank and product in pounds or kilograms.
- With the serial output module installed, the meter can be setup to print the dispensed product amount.